Direct Support Professional / Caregiver
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
At Dungarvin, we are creating something special. As an industry leader for over 45 years, we are looking to add compassionate and caring individuals to our staff whom strive to provide the “best-in-class” care for individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
Do you have a passion for helping others establish a secure, positive environment that nurtures their needs, self-expression, and goals?
Are you looking to make a difference? Are you creative and solution-focused?
Are you interested in growing in a job where you can grow with a company and develop a career path? If so, we want you on our team!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Monday-Friday 8am to 4pm - multiple shifts open!
- Full-time and part-time opportunities available
- Over-time available not required
- 401(k) plan available
- Opportunities for internal growth & career advancement
- PTO accrual rates increase with tenure
- FREE Life Insurance
- Medical, dental and vision available
- PayActiv – Access 50% of your wages before pay day
- Paid Training and Referral bonus Program
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Working directly as a Direct Support Professional (DSP), you will be able to assist in a residential group home or day program setting. The DSP (caregiver/mentor) is responsible for providing:
- Direct support or mentoring with daily activities to those we support in a manner that ensures their health and safety. Some examples include helping with meals, cleaning, and facilitating fun activities.
- Hands-on mentoring to those we serve to help them become more independent.
- A positive direction to the individuals to encourage them to achieve their personal goals.
No Experience? If you meet the basic job requirements, we will provide the necessary paid training and hands-on experience.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Current auto liability insurance
- Reliable transportation
WHY THIS JOB?
- Community-based employment - little time spent at a desk, and more time with people.
- The million little moments working with individuals who have intellectual disabilities will make you love coming to work, you’ll build an indescribable bond with your patients
- If you’ve ever felt the need to help someone along their path to success, then consider a career helping intellectually disabled individuals. You’ll come to understand how you can help them achieve their hopes and dreams while trying to protect them from judgment when the outside world doesn’t understand. You’ll not only be their therapist, but you’ll also be their cheerleader.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer